Friday, October 9, 2009

On Childhood Failure...

Those of us who grew up in the 80s have a shared culture of disappointment surrounding those toys that were so outlandishly expensive that we never had a shot of getting them. Given that my Birthday is upcoming, I have been reflecting a lot on those basic necessities, such as the Star Wars AT-AT walker, that I wasn't allowed to have as a child and thus still long to fill my life with. I'm solidly convinced that if I had a "Silver Spoons" childhood, my girl wouldn't now have to put up with the massive influx of juvenile plastic "junk" that tends to pop up around our otherwise adult-looking home.

This, ladies and gentlemen, brings us to one of the holy grails of all 80s children...the damn "butler robot." I thought my life was going pretty great, actually, until I remembered this little gem...now I have a gaping hole in my heart that can only be filled with my new best friend:

No comments:

Post a Comment