Monday, October 12, 2009

Dinosaurs and Pirates...


So, for my Birthday, I discovered that Chicago's Field Museum has exhibits on both Dinosaurs AND Pirates. I'm not kidding. Dinosaurs. Pirates. Same Museum. As such, we went to explore this perfect blending of two things that I've loved since before they were cool. I took a dinosaur class as a child, and I, to this day, plan to spend my retirement purchasing a rowboat and searching for pirate treasure.

So...Chicago does this really cool things with its Museums where they have a "free day", where admission is...you guessed it...free. Here's a tip, don't try to go to the Pirate exhibition on a free day. Much like the penguin exhibit that will ALWAYS be closed at the zoo the day I go...the Pirates exhibit was sold out.

That said, the museum is downright amazing. It is housed in the last surviving building from the World's Fair and it is enormous and awesome. See pictures for flavor (and DINOSAURS).

A real-life Dinosaur. I hope to have one of these in my library someday (seriously, I do).

Another candidate for my library.

A trip to Egypt.


A wall of ducks! I love ducks!


This penguin exhibit never closes. Because they are dead.



Your author "hanging" at some sort of replica Tahitian market stand.A Tahitian market...indoors!

Proof that Egyptians used Alien technology. Not sure how the curators missed this.

A shot from the interior of a section of my to-be-built library

No comments:

Post a Comment