Monday, October 19, 2009

+10 DKP to Chicago


My love for any given city is always directly proportional to the sandwiches available to the populace. Chicago was definitely growing in stature thanks to Mark's discovery of the Cemitas (see future blog), but the Sandwich truest to my heart, the sandwich of my childhood, belongs to Pittsburgh's Primanti Brothers:

http://www.primantibrothers.com/

It is a Pittsburgh staple...a sandwich piled with hot, grilled Capicola, melted provolone, seasoned (read: not mayo) cole slaw and french fries. I make trips to Pittsburgh for this sandwich (I really do).

Shaun then informs me that there is a virtual carbon-copy of this sandwich available at Luckys on Clark street. This sandwich turns out to be a mere three blocks from my house. THREE BLOCKS. I called Katie to inform her that this will be the only place we will be eating at for the remainder of our time in Chicago...no matter how many years we live here.

I will say that I need to have a talk with the proprieters to discuss their fries->slaw ratio, which should be 1 part to 3 and is instead reversed, but once that minor setback is resolved it will be a near perfect facscimile of the greatest sandwich ever made, and enough reason for my to press-on through the harsh Chicanadian winter that is coming.


1 comment: