Monday, November 16, 2009

On hurtful things...

This evening I was going over my career plans with Katie, which for those who haven't heard the story, are as follows:

  • Release 4 more video games, each with a Metacritic score in the mid to high 90s.
  • Make my fortune in one of my side schemes in a manner that would allow the media to refer to me as the baron. For instance, crepebaron or robotpinwheelbaron.
  • On the day of my retirement, be recruited in the CIA as Deputy Director. I'm not really interested in much below the rank of deputy director, which is why I assume I was recruited for this position, having no discernible skills that would qualify me for this role.
  • Rise to directorship of the largest clandestine organization in the history of the world within six months.
  • In a freak attack that wipes out most of Washington and the entire line of succession to the presidency, be sworn in as President of the United States.
  • After completing my two terms plus in what is considered by historians to be "a deft mix of accomplishments greater than Julius Ceaser, Alexander the Great, all the founding fathers and the musical styling of The Who", convince Congress not to change the constitution to make me the permanent leader of the country.
Out of this, Katie informs me that she isn't sure why the CIA recruits me, because "I'm not exactly in the NFL." This hurts me on several fronts:
  • After becoming president I was planning on becoming the QB and left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
  • Apparently this was the flaw in my career plan.
  • Also apparently, this has some sort of a hidden message on my physical fitness.
Unrelated: Running starts tomorrow.
Unrelated 2: Watch Patriot Games tonight.

1 comment:

  1. before i am understandably judged as emotionally abusive, let me just remind those reading that the name this man has given to me on his phone is "stupid." that's right. who's calling? Stupid.

    ReplyDelete